The mill was built in 1834 by two brothers - Hiram and Milo Fowler. Fowler's Mill, as it became known, was a water-powered grist mill using mill stones to produce flour.
The Fowler brothers hand dug a mill race to bring water from the Chagrin River to the mill.
Changes were made over time, including in 1910 when a new steel overshot wheel was installed, which increased mill capacity from 5 barrels to 36 barrels per day. The mill operated continuously until 1966.
In the 1980's the Ericksons bought the mill and re-installed mill stones similar to the original Fowler brothers operation. This allows us to stone grind locally grown corn and wheat into flours and meal, the way it was done nearly 200 years ago.
Over time, commercial facilities were added to the mill to produce our heritage baking mixes.
Want to get in touch?
You can call us at 440-286-2024, or fill out the form through the contact link below.
Please note that we are no longer selling retail products at the mill as we are focused on our growing wholesale business.